SAMMY HAGAR: Mas Margarita for Cinco de Mayo
While Sammy Hagar, like the rest of us, will most likely be spending today (Tuesday) Cinco de Mayo at home, there’s no reason not to imbibe in a little cocktail.
Sammy suggests using his Santo Mezquila to make a Santo Mezquila Margarita. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 oz of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz Fresh tangerine or orange juice
- 1/2 oz of orange liquor — simple syrup (Aura), and a 1/2 teaspoon of agave syrup
- 1/2 oz of Damiana (if not available, double whatever sweetener you’re using)
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh grated orange peel.
- 1 1/2 oz of his Santo Mezquila
He then says, “In a shaker full of ice shake vigorously! Pour through strainer into your choice of glass with this lightly salted rim. You can use a chili salt combination if you like a little heat like Guy Fieri. Some people like to pour the ice from the shaker into a bigger glass. I personally don’t like my drink to water down too much.”
KZOZ reminds you to drink responsibly and whatever you do, don’t drink and drive! I mean, where are you actually going right now anyway?